Thursday, August 16, 2012

Water Marbling with Color Club Electro Candy

I love water marbles, but I don't do them often. One reason, I have trouble with the AC blowing on the water. Especially since it's 105 outside and the AC runs nonstop. But, I went ahead and did this one, because I have so many summery manis I want to do before summer is over.

I used all of the colors in the Color Club Electro Candy set. I started with a drop of pink and used a drop of each color and ended with a drop of pink. I taped my nails as My Simple Little Pleasures tutorials has taught me and dunked two at a time. The pattern I drew in the water was simple. Just attached the marble (a straight line through the middle), then back and forth lines. I dipped my nails perpendicular to those lines. I'm not good enough at it to video or take pictures! But MSLP has great tutorials. :)


Then I had this idea to stamp it with some butterflisque images from the DRK-B image plate. I thought the curly  ones reminded me of antennae. 

(artistic photo - lol)

Are you tired of summer colors yet? When do you stop?
Have a great day! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, the black stamping really makes all the colors stand out a lot! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I almost didn't stamp it. Then I thought let me just see...well, there's no turning back. lol

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous marble! And I really love the stamping added on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow! This is so amazing hun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.